Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen
Provide systems engineering support to Unmanned Carrier Aircraft Program in support of NAVAIR, PMA 268. This opportunity is an engineering liaison role representing PMA 268 to PEO C4I PMWs. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic analysis in support of MQ-25A Stingray integration with current and future C4I capability. The individual will provide strong systems engineering, information technology, and cybersecurity knowledge, developing solutions and implementing enhancements to shore and air capabilities of the UCA program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineer shall have a working level understanding of systems engineering processes including requirements derivation, design reviews, product lifecycles, modeling and forecasting, system analysis, and verification and validation.
- Experience with different methods of system engineering including waterfall, agile, kanban, and scrum.
- Maintains technical cognizance in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing.
- Experience interfacing with senior client managers as well as engineers.
- Support technical baseline management and event based technical reviews with MQ-25A and PEO C4I Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other solution owners, and Lead Systems Integrators.
- Participate in site surveys and provide support for shore installations through requirements review and capability needs descriptions.
- Support sustainment efforts including troubleshooting installation planning and additional collaboration across all logistical/program stakeholders as systems are tested and implemented.
- Assist with modification of existing or development of new system architectures, proposing enhancements to improve efficiency, effectiveness, supportability, and sustainability.
- BS degree in an Engineering or IT field
- 4+ years of systems engineering or MS or higher degree in an applicable engineering field
- EIT or higher applicable engineering certification desired
- 3+ years of Navy Systems Command, Acquisition/Integration Program Office experience
- Understanding of the System Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process
- Basic understanding of ship and shore-based Navy Communications and Network Infrastructure systems
- Secret or higher clearance required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project is desired
If you are interested in knowing more, please send your resume to HR@cavuconsultinginc.com.
Position Status: Open
Employment Type: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Clearance: DoD Secret or higher