MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Position Description: Senior Project Analyst for the airspace integration of MQ-25 into the National Airspace System (NAS) and International Airspace during Engineering Manufacturing & Development (EMD), Operational Test and Evaluation and follow-on Fleet deployment phase of operations. Additional duties include supporting the Development IPT as required.
Provide airspace management002C integration and airspace access support to Program Management Activity Unmanned Carrier Aviation (PMA 268) leadership as the PMA 268 Airspace Integration Co-Lead.
- Facilitate and coordinate airspace integration activities during MQ-25 development, testing and deployment with OPNAV, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIRSYSCOM), Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division (NAWCAD), PEO (U&W), MQ-25 Fleet Integration Team (FIT), other Service components, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and state and local governments.
- Support PMA leadership engagement activities, attend/facilitate meetings with stakeholders, and execute other duties as directed.
- Provide in-person or remote representation for PMA 268 across NAVAIRSYSCOM, PEO (U&W) as appropriate; facilitate, coordinate and advocate for PMA 268 airspace and air traffic control requirement needs with internal and external agencies.
- Support PMA 268 airspace integration activities to include tracking data calls, developing Fleet CONOPS, safety cases and providing support for all airspace access programs/initiatives as directed.
- Assist PMA-268 investment decision making to support promising technologies, labs and fleet demonstrations.
- Maximize multi-agency collaboration and teaming with particular emphasis on meeting targeted development, testing, integration, demonstration and fielding of relevant, high-TRL capabilities in support of PMA 268’s Unmanned Carrier Aircraft development objectives.
- Spearhead technology initiatives to rapidly transition capabilities from the labs to the fleet, with the best of breed joining the POR family of systems.
- Manage MQ-25 Certificate of Authorization (COA) online database. Oversee input of information and data into the Federal Aviation Administration repository for use to establish or amend COAs needed for MQ-25 test and evaluation and Fleet operations.
- Support PMA Integrated Test Team (ITT) activities. Spearhead all coordination and development of required federal aviation regulation (FAR) compliance documentation and work products within given schedules.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to PMA 268 for the development and integration, funding permitted, of platform and ground-based sense and avoid systems to greater facilitate access to the National Airspace System (NAS) and training areas.
- Support PMA 268 Due Regard Alternate Means of Compliance (DRAMOC) activities to include coordinating with FFRDCs, NAWCAD, and other DOD entities as directed.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to PMA 268 across the Naval Aviation Enterprise in support of program objectives; participate in relevant IPTs and collaboration forums, attend/facilitate meetings with stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient, accurate written and verbal reporting of relevant airspace integration, sense and avoid (SAA), DRAMOC and advanced development activities, schedules, and milestones to PMA 268 leadership and other program office personnel as required.
- Develop, author and manage airspace integration related operational agreements including memorandums of agreement, letters of agreement, and standard operating procedures between PMA 268 and internal and external agencies.
- Create and manage working groups, coordinate activities and resources across the Fleet and ensure the necessary information is communicated to stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Provide liaison services between PMA 268 and the MQ-25 FIT, CNAL, CNAF and other DON agencies for the transfer of airspace access and integration matters and material needed for MQ-25 fleet operations and deployment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Aviation/Aerospace or Engineering related discipline
- 10 years DoD experience
- 10 years unmanned aircraft systems experience
- 10 years airspace management & air traffic control experience
- Detailed knowledge of OPNAV N9X, CNAL, CNAP and FAA processes and procedures
- Familiarity with the Naval Air Systems (NAVAIR) command and their Test and Evaluation procedures and processes
- In-depth knowledge of Naval Aviation & Air Operations procedures and processes
- In-depth knowledge and usability of MS Office Suite, Adobe Professional with emphasis on MS PowerPoint, excel, project and outlook.
- FAA Certified Control Tower Operator
- FAA Headquarters experience
Position Status: Open
Employment Type: Full Time
Clearance: US Citizen with active Secret level clearance