MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Position Descriptions: Lead a software development team in support of a high priority US Government project. Serve as the Advanced Networking Tactical System (ANTS) Operational Support System (OSS) Team Lead and support the ANTS/Ashore Routing Communications System (ARCS) Engineering Lead for Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific). The successful candidate will be able to accomplish the following:
- Lead a team of government and contractor personnel through ambiguity and change.
- Provide feedback on personnel to leadership to inform performance appraisals.
- Establish and maintain the culture and direction of the team; ensure effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solve problems that may not have an obvious answer.
- Offer innovative solutions to management for their consideration when confronted with challenges.
- Recognize when lines of effort are not aligned to management’s expectations and summon the courage to raise concerns in a timely manner.
- Assemble and provide status and decision briefs to project/program leadership.
- Monitor/maintain OSS schedule inputs to overall ANTS schedule and report changes in status.
- Interface with the program master scheduler to ensure OSS efforts are aligned with programmatic milestones.
- Identify and report risks to the ANTS lead engineer and project lead for adjudication.
- Work with the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) sponsor and stakeholders on development of OSS features and interfaces.
- Manage all aspects of procurement responsibilities to include gathering quotes, firming requirements and informing spend plans.
- Perform the Product Owner Role in an Agile Scrum framework.
- Groom the backlog in JIRA and provide oversight.
- Develop the Mid-Sprint and Sprint Retrospective briefs to PMA-268 that include technical data presentation.
- Present these briefs and facilitate communication between the software developers and the sponsor.
- Coordinate with the ANTS Networking Lead to align networking infrastructure updates to software development activities.
- Host the Program Loader Set (PLS) Working Group to ensure collaboration between multiple stakeholders involved in the hardware and software interoperability of PLS with OSS.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- 5 years DoD experience with strong C4I and Naval flight operations experience.
- Familiarity with the Naval Information Warfare Systems Command.
- DAWIA Certifications or knowledge of DoD acquisition and test concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite to include the MS Teams collaboration environment.
- Familiarity with the following applications is a highly desired:
- JIRA, Slack,
- Familiarity with the following programming languages is a plus:
- Java, C, Python Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- The following certificates would be beneficial:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner, Security+
Position Status: Open
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel: Yes - 10%
Clearance: US Citizen with active Secret level clearance