MUST BE A US CITIZEN
PMA 268 UMCS Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
- Provide Security and Information Assurance SME support to the UMCS Deputy Program Manager and the PMA 268 ISSM & ISSO in support or UMCS and MQ-25 development, certification and fielding.
- Develop Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages in eMASS.
- Implement, interpret, and validate technical assessment results (STIG/SCANS) to achieve ATO/IATT/MFR authorizations. (EMPHASIS ON THIS)
- Perform System Hardening (EMPHASIS ON THIS)
- Support ISSO and ISSM on RMF Continuous Monitoring Activities.
- Provide input into the development of security policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues.
- Plan and assist the implementation and testing of security systems, blueprints the approach to support achieving IATT/ATO.
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments and recommending the appropriate architecture/platform, identifying integration issues and procedures to apply DevOpsbest practices and methodologies. (EMPHASIS ON THIS)
- Perform security architecture solution trades, developing requirements for wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), to include virtualization infrastructure, software defined networks (SDN’s) and network function virtualization (NFV), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Support implementation of public key infrastructure (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software adhering to DoD standards.
- Evolve security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; validate the implementation and testing of advanced STIG guidelines; evaluating and implementing enhancements. Verifies security systems by assisting lab administrators in the development of test scripts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Provide detailed security recommendations for the secure development and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Provide security operations support as needed.
- Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property.
- 3 years of experience generating DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- 3 years of experience providing Cybersecurity (IT security) support with IT hardware, software, networks/security system, or management services with IT hardware, software, networks/security system.
- 3 years of experience with applying DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) and Security Recommendation Guides (SRG).
- 2 years of experience installing and updating Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) tool.
- Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) Certification of IAT level-2 IAW DoD 8570.01-M and SECNAV M-5239.2 containing:
- IA certification in Security+ CE or higher (i.e. CEH, CASP, CISSP, etc.)
- Operating System Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have a current SECRET level security clearance.
Position Status: Open
Employment Type: Full Time
Clearance: US Citizen with active Secret level clearance